Verifying DMI Pool Data BIOS (HELP)

Uboat 11:35 09 Dec 2010

Hi guys!

Ive just had a pc dropped off for me to try and repair it the pc is a "acer aspire t180-ub7z" running on XP, The owner of the pc doesnt use it very much but wants to give it to her sister but she has forgot the main logon password to make matters worse..so all i get to the XP logon window asking for the pass..

When i try to format it with Windows 7 (32 bit) i get the normal black screen on boot then it says "Verifying DMI Pool Data BIOS" & underneath it says "boot from disc press any key"
BUT nothing works?
IVe tried taking the BIOS battery out and left it over night, ive reset the Cmos Jumpers still nothing?
Any Ideas PLEASE
Thanks
UB

Uboat 11:42 09 Dec 2010

just a catchup ive tried restoring the PC to its original state by doing a system recovery IE: holding down ALT then constantly tapping F10 but i got this text: File \minint\system32\KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded the error code is 4 setup cannot continue press any key to exit...

Any ideas please?

Uboat 18:07 09 Dec 2010

Anyone pls.? with a cherry on the top..

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:23 09 Dec 2010

Just press and hold "Ctrl" and "Alt" and press "Delete" twice while the Welcome Screen is displayed.

Type in "Administrator" as the username, and leave the password field blank

You will not believe now many times I have managed to get into someone's computer this way when they said they can't remember their password.

If you created a password for the built-in administrator account, this wont work!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:24 09 Dec 2010

Accounts options ---
To stop your system from displaying the Welcome Screen, go to "Start->Run" and type in "control userpasswords2" (but without the quotations). Untick the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" option and click OK

Uboat 12:52 10 Dec 2010

Guys thankyou so much for your replies! i cant get to desktop it stops at the logon screen where u put the pass in..any ideas pls?

UB

Uboat 12:52 10 Dec 2010

Guys thankyou so much for your replies! i cant get to desktop it stops at the logon screen where u put the pass in..any ideas pls?

UB

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:59 10 Dec 2010

Did you try my first suggestion at the welcome screen?

karmgord 21:26 10 Dec 2010

have you set
boot from cd
as the first boot option in the bios?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?