Vehicle sales website finished

murgle 07:09 04 Feb 2006

Hello,

After almost 4 months of working on the website on and off it is finally finished. I listened to your advice from my previous post and hope that the site is now easy to use and easy on the eye.

I would appreciate any advice and suggestions you have for the site. There is another couple of months to go before the sales pick up so there is time for changes.

The site is located at click here

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Forum Editor 09:11 04 Feb 2006

and the navigation works pretty well - apart from a 404 (file not found) error on the 'back to previous page' link on your /mailing_list.asp page.

There are typos and grammatical errors scattered throughout the text however, and I urge you to get someone to thoroughly check right through the site. Sloppy text detracts from an otherwise good site.

beynac 10:20 04 Feb 2006

Have you considered justifying the text (align='justify')? I think that this looks a lot neater than the default, left alignment.

A very neat, easy to use site. well done!

ade.h 14:34 04 Feb 2006

Justification would make it easier to scan over as well as being more attractive.

I agree with the comments about grammar, spelling and punctuation; it has to be 100% correct for a professional appearance.

PurplePenny 21:09 04 Feb 2006

Have to disagree about justified text. I find it much harder to read justified text at speed. It looks horrid too.

According to WebAIM (Web Accessibilit in Mind) "studies have routinely shown that left-aligned text is the easiest to read". Dyslexics, for instance, find it harder to read justified text.

ade.h 21:22 04 Feb 2006

I find it easier to read justified text. I can only speak from my own experience.

murgle 21:24 04 Feb 2006

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback so far.

What exactly do you mean by justified text?

Kind regards

PurplePenny 21:37 04 Feb 2006

When both edges of the text block are even. The default setting is that all text is aligned to the left so some lines are shorter than others.

When both edges are justified the shorter lines are stretched to end in the same place as the longer lines.

Forum Editor 23:20 04 Feb 2006

The only place for justified text is in Newspaper columns, and occasionally in some parts of magazine layouts.

Otherwise it's difficult to read, and looks dreadful in wide blocks of text. As Penny rightly says, research shows that left-justified text is the easiest to read.

ade.h 23:30 04 Feb 2006

Well, I must be the exception that proves the rule then.

mco 23:37 04 Feb 2006

I think the same as you ade.h but now obviously I have learned better! Funny - OH sent off a book to publisher the other day and they specifically requested non-justified text; I couldn't see why. Now I do - I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?