VCR & Summer Time- Is it just me?

Zak 19:11 27 Mar 2005

Not PC related, but would any one please confirm whether it has worked for them.

I have an old VCR and the clock usually sets itself automatically via the aerial. Not this year, it is still showing the old time and not the summer time. I have tried setting the correct time manually but after a short time the clock resets itself to winter time. Incidentally the minutes also adjust so the transmission from Rugby is being received.

john-232317 19:48 27 Mar 2005

Beam me up scotty, clock set through the coax ?
what are you smokin ?

DieSse 19:54 27 Mar 2005

The Rugby tranmission may be GMT. Sometimes the clock chips are preprogrammed to add on the hour on specific dates. Maybe it's now just so old that it's no longer got any, or the correct dates, in it's preprogramming.

tasslehoff burrfoot 20:00 27 Mar 2005

This is quite normal. I have a DVD recorder which gets the time automatically from the TV ariel.

Tas

john-232317 20:01 27 Mar 2005

So its true then ?, i have owned vcr`s since long ago, when you had to wait 2 or 3 weeks delivery for one and they cost silly money, but I have never heard of one setting the time through the coax. ;-)

VoG II 20:03 27 Mar 2005

Yep, tellies too.

Starfox 20:05 27 Mar 2005

It's true,my VCR re-sets itself to summer time and it's seven years old.:o)It also sets to the correct time once a week.

hssutton 20:07 27 Mar 2005

Plus clocks I've two that adjust themselves. Saves all that clock changing ritual on a Sunday morning, must admit though I'm a little annoyed though that my brand new TV doesn't set itself

woodchip 20:10 27 Mar 2005

You need that little clock on the right, that seems as if it's working ok

Rogerfredo 10:02 28 Mar 2005

Have you tried a reset of the videos system?
I have an old Akai VCR which is susceptible to static and from time to time has to be reset (like most computer systems?).
You can also program mine to manual which ignores the time signal.

SEASHANTY 11:29 28 Mar 2005

Radio time signals
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?