VCR Audio only to CD?

jack 20:15 15 Sep 2006

I have been given a home made VCR tape of youngsters having musical fun.
Thier mum would like to have just the audio on a CD.

I have the connectivity - SCART to A/V-Audio Phono I reckon to leave the A/V out of the equasion and connect the audio to stereo to phono 3mm jack adaptor to go into my line in.

I have various recording/editing /converting software to play with .
So my question is what sort of file will wind up on my hard drive from the Tape-for me to attempt to edit and record to CD to play on a CD player?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:21 15 Sep 2006

I have various recording/editing /converting software to play with

What sort of files will these record in?

If you record as mp3 then you can burn the mp3 as an audio CD using Nero or media player etc.

As long as you finalise the CD it is then playable on a standard player.

jack 20:43 15 Sep 2006

Thank you F/B- will this one and keep in touch

jack 20:43 15 Sep 2006

jack 20:44 15 Sep 2006

Thank you F/B- will this one and keep in touch

jack 08:51 19 Sep 2006

As stated
I have hooked the VCR to PC via Scart/Phono adapter
and leaving the Video[yellow] one unconnected hooked up the red/white audio via a phono/3mm jack adapter to 'Line in' socket.
Got Audacity to record from the line in selector
and set the VCR running.
Nothing recorded.
So is the Video[yellow] needed to complete connections, if so to what would I connect it to?

johnnyrocker 09:00 19 Sep 2006

providing your scart/phono is two way wired it should work, make sure out/in is correct cos it can be very confusing, do you hear audio on pc when playing vcr?

johnny.

jack 16:09 19 Sep 2006

I reckon may have it cracked. but how I am not sure yet.
I do tend to do everything at once so that when a something finally works I am never sure what made it so.
This is what I did.
Swapped the scart phono cable for another[a cheapo from ASDA as opposed my posh HI Fi one]
Made sure I had the socket in the correct hole - Realtek AC97 Easy Con reckoned I had not - so got the Mobo manual out to make sure and that turned out to be somewhat ambivalent usual pink -green- blue conn of back of computer but the book seemingly has them the other way round.-[Had a look at the back of your tower lately? its a wonder anything gets anywhere on mine - and its on a handy castored trolley wot I made for easy access.]
Then dumped Audacity for Wave pad- and got appropriate noises- So off now to make a few test recordings

jack 19:22 21 Sep 2006

Cracked it wqith a combination of Audacity to capture
BDPower to convert
NCH- wavepad to edit.
Not perfect with some background hum and noise but I think wil do the trick- any way itsd a start all I need now is practice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?