VBA and Frames query

Chas49 16:23 30 Apr 2010

Can someone confirm that you cannot place a frame within another frame. I have tried this and find that the code to work on the second frame is simplu not recognised. The second frame was to be invisible until the instruction frame2.visible = true but this has no effect and, apparently neither is an error reported.

VoG II 18:19 30 Apr 2010

It is not something that I have tried.

Presumably you are using frames to group option buttons. You can also assign option buttons to groups. This allows buttons to act as if they were in a frame, without the frame. Only one button in a group can be active at a time. To assign buttons to a group, right click on each option button and select Properties. Then assign a unique name for each set of buttons in the group name property.

You could then try adding a frame around that group and another set of option buttons.

Chas49 19:46 30 Apr 2010

Thanks VOG - will try the grouping method as I think I was correct in the case of nested frames.

Chris the Ancient 10:34 01 May 2010

Not sure which version of VBA you are using - or in which application but... some ideas, based on one or two things I have done in the past.

In design mode, is frame2 on top?

Is the 'original' frame transparent? Are you using fill colours? I can visualise a bit of masking going on here.

How have you made frame2 active? You may need to do this before the .visible command might work.

Only ideas, but worth putting forward - in case.

CtA

Chas49 10:44 01 May 2010

Chris the Ancient:

Thanks for your input and have noeted queries and suggestions. I'll have a look see, although at the moment, I'm trying another way to achieve my goal.
However, I will experiment - using your ideas as a guide.

As always, help is appreciated.

Chas49 16:55 01 May 2010

I have tried a 'straight' Frame within a frame. By straight I mean no fill colours in them - only an Option Button in the second frame and a command button in the first. The second frame was not visible at the start and when the command button was clicked the single line of code (Frame2.visible = true) resulted in the frame being made visible. It would seem that one of your suggestions was correct Chris the Ancient.

Thanks to both for your replies.

Chris the Ancient 17:18 01 May 2010

Glad I could help with one of my crackpot ideas.

CtA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017