Various BSOD's in Windows 8.1 After CPU & GPU Upgrade.

lj148 16:11 22 Apr 2015

I recently upgraded my system's graphics card and processor to an FX 6300 with an R7 250X. I had some issues with my old OS, so I upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro.

After these upgrades, I'm now getting various different BSOD's (Blue screen of death) upon boot and while using the machine. For example, NTFSFileSystemError, Kernelsecuritycheck_failure and several more which I cannot remember off the top of my head.

In addition to that, I get error messages on start-up for various different programs, sometimes Google Chrome fails to launch, and I'm unable to use any of the Windows Metro apps - they simply launch and then crash.

Iv'e got all the latest drivers, I've ran an HHD check within windows, and a RAM test using memtest86 and nothing abnormal was found. I can play games when I'm not getting BSOD's at solid FPS, which shows me that all of my new hardware is not at fault.

It's getting to the stage where I'm considering downgrading to Windows 7 again.

I'd appreciate any help that I can get on this. Thanks in advance. I can post anything else that would help you guys out with troubleshooting.

System Specifications: Gigabyte GA-73LMT USB3 Motherboard. AMD FX 6300 Hex-Core @ 3.5 Ghz. Windows 8.1 Pro. Sapphire R7 250X 1GB GDDR3. 8GB Corsair RAM (2x4) Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD. Generic 500Watt PSU (Maybe the cause...)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?