vanishing add and remove programmes

lamby1 22:20 14 Mar 2006

hi i hope someone can help. I just tried to uninstall a programme using add and remove and when i entered add and remove it was empty. I have run virus scans and spyware scans, defragged cleaned disk, and even tried a system restore. any idea's how i can get my add and remove function restored to its former glory?

Kev.Ifty 22:30 14 Mar 2006

Do you get a message in the top left of the Add or Remove Window saying "Please wait while the list is being populated"?

lamby1 22:34 14 Mar 2006

yes and i have waited for anything up to an hour with no results. Thanks for your reply by the way.

Kev.Ifty 22:50 14 Mar 2006

I wonder if this my help?

click here

Also don't forget, CCleaner has an useful uninstall Tool.

I know the CCleaner is not the answer to your question, but it can be used as a stop gap. Assuming it can 'populate' ;-)

Sorry I cant be more helpful..

lamby1 00:42 15 Mar 2006

i dont know if this did help but i tried it restarted and then the pc would not let me log on to any user accounts. I then sorted that problem logged on and everything was fine and strangely i seem to have gained extra speed. Everything now works better and faster than before! If it was that thogh, thank you very much for your assistance. very much appreciated!

lamby1 15:46 15 Mar 2006

norten 2006 anti spyware edition plus ad aware. Thanks but i'm not sure what i have done but it all seems ok now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?