validating 2nd o/s on same computer

apianglo 19:44 19 Aug 2006

I`ve installed the same XP pro O/S on a 2nd hard drive,Is there anyway of using the original XP o/s to validate the 2nd one(the 1st is Microsoft validated)

bluto1 20:52 19 Aug 2006

I very much doubt it, but someone better qualified than me should be along soon.

Hi apianglo maybe you could tell me how you did it as I am having some problems!!

click here

apianglo 21:34 19 Aug 2006

Sorry [email protected],I can`t help you,My hard drive came with a disc wizard cd & it did it all for me

apianglo 21:42 19 Aug 2006

however I would do what Vinnyt said And disconnect your primary until your secondry is installed,You will have to relable one of them as on reboot it will ask you which one you want to activate and you must be able to distingish which is which

wee eddie 23:11 19 Aug 2006

If you validate the second Installation, M$ accepts that as your primary installation and invalidates the first.

Nosmas 11:04 20 Aug 2006

I have XP installed on two partitions - see click here - and validated both after installation without any problem. Second one wasn't invalidated, in fact can't think how MS could perform such a feat.

wee eddie 11:24 20 Aug 2006

Your 2 installations will be on the same PC.

I think that "apianglo" plans to use the 2nd HDD on another PC at a later date. When this copy validates itself for the first time from its new location and it collects Downloads from Windows. It will become the Primary copy and the other copy will no longer be validated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?