Vaio registration

logrin 14:51 30 Jun 2010

I have had my Sony Vaio laptop for three years, I registered it as soon as I got it but everytime I start up a window opens asking me to register the d--- thing. When I try to close this window it usually doesn't work and I have to use C Al De to remove it. I am not using the V addons, how can I get rid of it. logrin

rawprawn 16:18 30 Jun 2010

It's part of the programs that are preloaded by Sony. I had a similar problem some years ago.
I think I resolved it by using Windows Installer Cleanup facility click here
and uninstalling the offending program. Sorry I cannot remember what it was called but you should be able to tell from the list.
If I am wrong, go to their support Forum they are very good and I know people have had trouble like this before.

Sea Urchin 17:12 30 Jun 2010

Not the same laptop - but it may help

click here

logrin 17:00 01 Jul 2010

I followed the instructions from rawprawn and downloaded two? programmes, ran both and they both showed up 611 faults!!. however before they will clean up the faults I have to register and buy either program although the initial screed said they were free. What should I do know?

Feel like chucking the computer in the bin and buying another one. Already have 12 vertical lines on the screen and continual crashes Is it worth going to Windows Seven, I am now using MS Vista logrin

Sea Urchin 17:20 01 Jul 2010

There was only one main program to be downloaded from rawprawn's link - the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. That is free, and it doesn't show errors, but allows you to remove programs that may be causing a problem - such as continually asking you to register.

And your problem seems to have changed - you said you had the registration problem, but now you say you have lines on your monitor and continual crashes.

Did you try the msconfig route from my previous link?

logrin 11:31 03 Jul 2010

I clicked on rawprawn site Windows Installer etc, down loaded the program and then was informed that they wanted 10 dollars to register their program before I could run it. I think they have overwritten the MS windows site, so still have problems, should |I pay or try somewhere else. logrin

tullie 12:30 03 Jul 2010

I have just used Rawprawns link,and run the program,no suggestion of payment.

Sea Urchin 12:45 03 Jul 2010

You are clearly downloading the wrong program - go to rawprawn's link and click on the blue Download button

click here

Then on the next screen click on one of the two mirror download links

click here

and run and install from there.

logrin 13:08 07 Jul 2010

I have given up on the multitude problems, finally got the laptop to load Monzilla after several attempts, I am seriously unwell so will get someone to take it to PC World and get them to repair it. Thanks for all your help, sorry I'm a loser. logrin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache