V21, Biscit, Ezeedsl.

TED1 09:30 16 Nov 2006

I'm after some general advice please for my father. He has been a customer of V21 for his broadband for some time with no problem, but now he cannot get online without signing up with Ezeedsl. This is due to a dispute between Ezeedsl, and V21 (article at click here, which explains everything). First of all is it legal that my father has been hijacked by Ezeedsl? and who can a customer complain to about Ezeedsl's actions? Is there a regulator?
Thanks for any help.

jbaker65 11:48 16 Nov 2006

I am in a similar position having had good service from V21 for about three years.
Unfortunately the info given in the news item is incorrect , internet services will not provide MAC codes, so at the moment it is not possible to migrate to another provider.
If like me you need to keep connected, you will have to accept the move to ezeedsl on their rather expensive option.
I have done this but at the first opportunity I shall obtain my MAC code and move away from them.

TED1 12:13 16 Nov 2006

But dont you then have to sign up on a 12 month contract?

jbaker65 13:25 16 Nov 2006

As I said, I need to be on-line so I signed. but on the form it did not state 12 months. I shall try to get migrated in the three months for which I had to sign otherwise I shall do it at the end of 12 months.
You could go for a dial up with another provider and then after your present broadband has been terminated in december, get your new service upgraded to broadband, I don't know of the costs involved with this but it's one way round the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone