Utility transfering MP3 from playlist to USB drive

Widow's Son 12:00 12 Nov 2006

I have a large collection of mp3s on my pc. Is there a utility out there (Ideally freeware because I'm cheap) which will transfer all the contents of a playlist (PLU or M£U) over onto my USB2 pen drive without my having to go through my pc and transfer each file individually? It would be a big time saver

Widow's Son 12:13 12 Nov 2006

Not M£U of course - why can't we edit our posts?

mike1967 14:45 12 Nov 2006

Drag and drop????

Widow's Son 20:06 12 Nov 2006

and that would be the solution if I had only a few hundred mp3s or was dealing with a small usb pen - but we talking 6500ish mp3s all sorted into artist/album sub folders and pen drives that are all around the 2gb mark.

I'm looking for an utility to pick up the location of the file from a playlist and then copy the file across

skidzy 20:14 12 Nov 2006

Have you tried Syncing the songs/albums Highlighting them and let WMP do the rest ?

Widow's Son 20:30 12 Nov 2006

Get an "Error: Windows Media Player cannot sychronize the file. The Player might not Support the file Type" message when trying to sync after importing a M3U and it doesn't accept a PLS list

skidzy 20:36 12 Nov 2006

Looks like you may have to rename the files,have a look here,it may help click here to do what you want,i would expect you to pay im afraid.

Widow's Son 20:40 12 Nov 2006

I don't see how that achieve the desired result

Bucklebury 23:20 12 Nov 2006

goto main file edit/select all/copy then paste to device or selectall/then drag n drop files will stay as thay are but it will take a while due to size

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?