Utility to Make Graphic Catalogs?

User-064D8D8D-326C-46F0-A5916820C563BECF 03:40 12 Apr 2009

Many Windows versions ago (probably Win98) I found a shareware utility that, when pointed at a folder with clip art in it, would print a thumbnail of the art and arrange them based on how many you wanted to a page. You could have maybe 6 across and 8 vertically. Something like that. Does anybody know of such a program today. I have multiple DVD's of cartoons and clip art of all different formats (.esp, wmf, etc.) but by the time i scroll through them one by one, I forget what I am looking for!

Diemmess 09:47 12 Apr 2009

Isn't it always like this when trying to find a route for technology which is new (to you and me)

There are many free programs to do this for you I have one which came with a camera, but Picasa is well known download
click here
and may be what you need.

I have a catalogue (Paper!), from Corel v.9 and even there it is difficult to find what I'm looking for, most being a waste of time.

Peter 11:07 12 Apr 2009

Perhaps one way round your problem would be to use a cataloguing programme and enter keywords for each graphic you are interested in. Although you would have to invest some time initially it might pay off in the long run when, in future, you are trying to find a particular graphic.

The same idea could be used for personal digital photographs.

Peter.

The purpose of the program is so you don't have to become familiar with each image. In the less expensive or free sets of images there is usually no catalog. As an example I have a set of 4 CD's that have 1200 cartoons on them. I don't want to open each image and name it. The program I once used would recognize images (ESP, .JPG, etc) and make thumbnails, the size you chose, filling as many pages as you needed. Somewhere, there is still a shareware program like this.

keverne 22:54 13 Apr 2009

ThumbsPlus? click here

woodchip 23:43 13 Apr 2009

Why bother when you can get this cheap and with a Catalog of all the Clipart in Groups
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone