Utilities to check outgoings from PC

setanta23 09:47 12 Apr 2005

Are there any utilities or programmes about which actually log whenever my computer sends anything out which would allow me to check to see where any and all information if going to.

I know that sounds silly but it is a worry with so much stuff about I would just like to get some peace of mind

spuds 10:30 12 Apr 2005

If you have good spyware/anti-virus/firewall programmes working in your system, then that should cover most concerns and needs.

Most people tend to get very paranoid about the 'Big Brother Syndrome', when in actual fact, very little spying activity accures on private computers.

Indigo 1 11:29 12 Apr 2005

I know one trick in XP that lets you see Network and internet activity, open Task Manager and click on the Networking Tab, you can then view all traffic in and out. Don't know how to record it though.

setanta23 13:02 12 Apr 2005

I have what i consider to be the best spyware checker in the business - Aluria Security Centre - but I also have 15 and 17 year old sons who spend their lives on chat and I worry or become paranoid. Call it what u will.

I was hoping i could track the outgoings or if not track at least figure out what was being sent.

Yoda Knight 13:34 12 Apr 2005

there are utilities out there that can do that, try google for them, tucows.com might have something.

rubella 14:32 12 Apr 2005

Clearly it would be a morally bankrupt thing to do to either of them, but a simpler solution would be to use a key logger.

Indigo 1 15:02 12 Apr 2005

A quick search in Tucows site came up with these click here I can't recommend any personally as I've never needed to use them.

setanta23 13:53 13 Apr 2005

I will have a look at Tucows etc. I am not so much worried as to what they actually say - I have a fair idea on that anyway having been young myself once lol. I am more worried on what is being sent from this computer and more importantly to where. It is the to where bit which bothers me.

Yoda Knight 15:23 13 Apr 2005

Is it malware type concerns ? I'm pretty sure zonealarm has an option to log all connections

setanta23 15:29 13 Apr 2005

I have Zonealarm pro and will check that out

thank u

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?