Using Wifi MAX in Vista

Ricktos 07:19 25 Jul 2007

I have just bought a Nintendo DS and having some trouble setting up the Wifi MAX dongle that creates a Wireless Access Point using your computers existing Internet Connection. Unfortunately, the dongles instructions are not very good, still, following them to the word is not much help.

You're originally asked to install the software and then connect the dongle. It says that the software includes the drivers for the dongle. When connecting Vista always goes online and searches, then installs the wrong driver. I can update the driver with a driver on the disc but this doesn't have any effect.

The icon in Control Panel --> Network Connections is there and has his green bars at their fullest. The bottom left of the icon includes a small red x. When right clicking on it, it brings up nthe option to connect to a network. Unfortunately my internet connection running through ethernet isn't an option although it does seem to be searching out other wireless connections outside the flat that I live in.

Any ideas howe to get this working???

Thanks in advance for any help...

Ricktos 14:00 25 Jul 2007

bumpy bumpy

Ricktos 17:19 25 Jul 2007

Just in case anyone else encounters the same problem, I have found the answer on the manufacturers site!

click here=£&r=1&l=1&p=18&i=84&g=5&ProdId=26

Vista has a whole new process to setting it up...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?