Using US printer in the UK

  Mid1956 10:55 27 May 2008

My girlfriend has recently returned to the UK from the US and has brought back a HP 6210 printer. I notice on the transformer that it states 110-240volts. Can I simply change the US plug to a UK three pin plug and use it on a UK 240volt supply or do I need to run it through a US/UK plug adaptor? Any help will be much appreciated.

  Technotiger 11:08 27 May 2008

Yes, just change the plug.

  Technotiger 11:10 27 May 2008

PS - use a 5amp fuse!

  Mid1956 11:10 27 May 2008

Many thanks for the response. Do you have any idea what size fuse I should use in the UK plug?

  Mid1956 11:11 27 May 2008

Got there before me! Many thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017