Using Poledit for policies w2K server w98 stations

Thresholder 14:50 31 May 2003

I have a 58 machine network on which I run Win 98. The sever is Win 2K. Until recently I had no problem editing policies in poledit following the usual procedure of transferring config.pol from the server to a work station to work on it and transferring it back to run it. Then I had to replace the image on the station I was using for this and I can no longer edit my policies. I have reinstalled poledit on the station and I can edit the MS default policies and access ADM files but not my transferred Config.pol. I get a long message re. not being ably to flush the registry on the station.

I'm missing something basic and probgably very silly. Any help out there please?

AndySD 16:18 31 May 2003

Does it give an error number..... and could you give us some of the exact wording of the error message.

AndySD 16:21 31 May 2003

Just an afterthought when you restored the image had you changed the System Policy since making the image...and did you update it afterwards?

Thresholder 17:18 31 May 2003

I'll have to check that out. The network is at work, in a junior school. I'll get back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?