Using Outlook with Aol?

STEVE71163 10:37 01 Jan 2004

I use aol broadband but would like to use outlook for my business e mail use as i am told that with outlook i can send e mails using my website address? I would still like to use aol for my personnal e mail addresses. Is this possible? I have never used outlook before so can someone point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks and Happy new year to everyone!

Djohn 10:41 01 Jan 2004

Sorry, It's not possible to use "Outlook" or "Express" with AOL.

STEVE71163 10:48 01 Jan 2004

Thanks Djohn. I dont want to recieve aol mail through outlook, Just business e mail. Is this not possible?

Thanks

Steve

Djohn 11:05 01 Jan 2004

Hi STEVE71163, Unfortunately It's not possible to use any other form of email through the standard AOL software.

There is a program form AOL themselves though that will allow you to send/receive email other than using the basic AOL email program. I believe this will work with POP3 protocols.

Go to Keyword "Communicator", download the program and give it a try. It's a standalone application that will work through AOL's mail and in fact looks very similar to Outlook express. All your e-mail accounts can be used from this one source, but not sure if "Outlook" will work in the way you require. j.

STEVE71163 14:41 01 Jan 2004

Thanks Djohn. Can non aol mail be sent through communicator?

Djohn 15:04 01 Jan 2004

I think that it can. If you download the program and set up Outlook and Outlook express as accounts within Communicator, then you can try sending a mail to yourself from both. It should work, but will need to be done from within Communicator.

STEVE71163 15:15 01 Jan 2004

Thanks Djohn.
I will have to look into setting up outlook because i have only ever used aol.

Thanks again!

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?