Using Outlook 2002 with Sky email

kimboof34 15:04 02 Dec 2007

Hello, I have recently gone through the change at Sky where the email service is now hosted by Google. I followed the instructions to the letter but cannot now send emails from Outlook. Frustratingly I can receive but cannot send. I have followed some of the suggestions on this site but still can't sort it out. The furthest I can get is when I test the account settings 4 of the 5 tasks are successful the last task (send test email) fails with the error message 'unable to send test message. Please verify the email address field'.

johnnyrocker 15:08 02 Dec 2007

is your outgoing server set correct ( better known as smtp )

johnny.

johnnyrocker 15:09 02 Dec 2007

or firewall?

johnny,

SANTOS7 15:14 02 Dec 2007

click here

SP3 is supposed to resolve this issue

Graham. 15:19 02 Dec 2007

Try the Sky User forum click here

^wave^ 18:45 02 Dec 2007

i have just set my father in laws and he had problems with out going mail you have to go to tools accounts setup as the sky email tells you and then you have to to advanced and setup the
ssl there too you will see also that there is a section for secure sending of eail that has to be setup too

podpod 19:05 15 Jan 2008

I'm having the same problems geting Outlook to send e-mails since switching to Sky (can receive them OK). I've tried downloading SP3 but keep getting asked for the Windows XP Standard CD which I can't find. Are there any other settings I could check/change in Outlook to get it to work?

gavin2121 19:53 21 Jan 2008

Ok... had the same problem, contacted sky and no joy.... BUT ... with a little tinkering i've found out how.

Go to Outlook, tools, account settings...
then,
select your account, click on more settings,

then the "advanced" tab

you should see a line saying "use the following type of encrypted connection" with a selection box attached. Select "SSL"

click "OK"

and test email... all should work.

Mail me on [email protected] if you require further help.

gazzaboyd 19:43 07 Feb 2008

We are having the same problem where we can't send any emails including sky ones. We have checked all the port settings and have updated the server setting with sky user name and password but we still can't send. All the tests work except the final test email one.

Anyone able to offer help? We looked on the unofficial sky user website and people are posting that it is the new server causing the problems and more worryingly that sky are not allowing non sky email to be sent through it - this is according to people who were able to get through to the sky helpdesk!

MAT ALAN 19:45 07 Feb 2008

kyhelpcentre/skyonline?nodeId=e029cc9c-6e22-4418-84bf-f57631d43f9c&articleId=2531110

may help...

MAT ALAN 19:46 07 Feb 2008

click here

or may not, sorry bout that...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?