Using Nero & Roxio

Killo Bite 00:41 14 Jul 2007

If I have have Nero & Roxio both installed on my machine, would this cause a problem ? like virus software would conflict what would happen with having both nero & roxio ?

Strawballs 00:50 14 Jul 2007

Not a problem because unlike AV you don't have both running at the same time.

ton 04:36 14 Jul 2007

Could be a problem if you install the packet writing for both (DirectCD & INCD) as when installed they run in the background.

Strawballs 05:58 14 Jul 2007

only if you let them!

Killo Bite 09:41 14 Jul 2007

Strawballs, what do you mean "only if you let them" do you mean only if you let Direct CD or InCD run ?

bruno 09:48 14 Jul 2007

I had a problem trying to run them both, and the only cure was to remove Roxio.It may be different with a later version of Roxio.It was a well known problem a couple of years ago and advice at the time was against doing them both.

skidzy 10:04 14 Jul 2007

" what do you mean "only if you let them "

I am assuming Strawballs mean letting them run from startup,hence they will be running in the background and possibly cause a conflict.

To reduce this possible conflict,use Msconfig and disable one of them and check your services.

start/run and type MSCONFIG and select startup,disable one of them.

Also check the services
Start/run and type services.msc and again disable the service to the one not needed.

Probabilitydrive 10:38 14 Jul 2007

Have tried running Roxio 9 on my Vista system and couldn't get it to make a document backup. I'm sure there would have been an easy solution for it, but I chose to uninstall and install my trusted NERO reloaded (new version was released 05-07-07.

It has a bling interface (glass aero) and did the back-up job in a flash.

Killo Bite 12:16 14 Jul 2007

Roxio gets dropped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone