using my printer "wireless"

acein1 21:22 24 Apr 2008

ok,my desktop is wired vie d-link router using "xp",my laptop "wireless" conected to the same router using "vista",ive connected my "hp 1215 psc" to the laptop ,and it prints ok,so my question is,?? how can i print from the laptop,without the wired connection,im sure this is possable ,just need to make some adjustments ??somewhere ,any thoughts ??please

Zaphod 3 04:05 25 Apr 2008

Follow the instructions here.

click here

acein1 22:27 25 Apr 2008

zaphod 3, many thanks for your help,ive followed all the instructions,and all the settings seem to be as suggested,but i still cant print from my "laptop" without having the laptop connected directly ,thanks again

engsurv 14:51 26 Apr 2008

acein1
In order to be wireless you need a transmitter and receiver, the transmitter is the router, the reciever is a "router compatable adaptor".
The adaptor would be fitted to a USB port on your laptop.

acein1 14:59 27 Apr 2008

engsurv,???,are you saying i need a usb ??"something" to plug into the laptop to make it print wireless.
this is my setup, desktop running win/xp,hp psc 1215, printer all in 1, d-link wireless adsl router,(dsl-2640b)advent laptop running win/vista,can you give me some idea what i need to buy to make this work, thanks ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone