Using my Panasonic TH-50PZ70B 50in Plasma as PC mo

artikis 22:31 13 Jan 2009

Hi Folks

I just bought an HD PC, which has an HDMI connection from the graphics card. I hooked it up to my Panasonic plasma HDMI - HDMI and dont get a picture. I then connected them up with a VGA cable and get a picture fine. Whilst the VGA cables are connected i tried connecting again via HDMI and when i change the source to HDMI from PC and disconnect the VGA cable i have a picture and all seems fine. When i reboot the PC the picture via the HDMI connection is gone and i have to revert back to VGA.
I have tried hooking the PC up to my samsung 32in LCD via HDMI and the PC recognises the Samsung no problem and the Samsung adjusts the screen settings automatically.

Can anyone help/advise me what settings i have to change on the Panasonic so i can connect HDMI.

Many thanks in advance

Stuartli 23:15 13 Jan 2009

Have you read the manual in case there is something you have missed out?

artikis 15:55 14 Jan 2009

yeh i have checked the manual

The only reference to my dilema in the manual is that Panasonic dont assume that you would connect a PC to the tv using HDMI

The fact that i have actually had a picture makes me think there must be a way.

To be honest i struggle to understand the technical side of the manual

any ideas?

darklink567as 00:16 29 Jan 2009

did you find a way to get the display working through HDMI? i am having the same problem. *hmph*

artikis 17:55 29 Jan 2009

no, still not figured it out

let me know if you have any success

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:31 29 Jan 2009

Try setting the resolution on the PC to 800x600. Get the diplasy on the TV and readjust the resolution from there. Worked for me.

G

artikis 21:20 29 Jan 2009

i tried that, my difficulty is after tweaking the resolution etc, when i reboot the pc in HDMI i get no picture, then have to power down the pc without a shutdown, and reconnect the vga cable

Zeppelyn 23:20 29 Jan 2009

What graphics card does the PC have, could possibly be a setting in the graphics control panel. Also whats the model of TV, will have a look at manual.

artikis 11:21 03 Feb 2009

the card is NVIDIA GEFORCE 7100

the TV is a Panasonic 50 in Plasma VIERA, TH-50PZ70B

any advice would be appreciated

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires