Using Mobile signal alongside ADSL

Pride park 04:34 28 Apr 2013

I'm using a windows7 pc with orange 20mb ADSL and the other day the broadband went down, so I connected my Iphone5 on EE up, and did a speed check and averaged 7mbps down and 2 up (the upload is double the ADSL!), I noticed on the network and sharing menu, there's an option in the 'change adapter settings' that allows you to bridge connections, so I selected both the ADSL router and Iphone connections together, right clicked and selected 'Bridge connections', and after a moment a third connection appearead, but there doesn't appear to be an option to just select using that connection, only disable it, so I thought that it was bridged. However when I do speed tests, they seem to be what I was getting as if just using the mobile phone and ADSL disconnected. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? sure I have just missed selecting something, This does work I take it? It'd be lovely to get faster broadand, I have in past got 22meg on mobile altho that was using mobile speedtest.net site and had very good signal. Thanks for any help

mgmcc 12:51 28 Apr 2013

I don't think that bridging the connections is going to help you. If you have separate network connections - ADSL and Mobile - you can select which one to use. When bridged, the bridge will get a single IP address by DHCP either from the ADSL provider or from the Mobile provider; this will be the one that provides your internet connection, not both. You won't be getting an enhanced speed.

Even with separate un-bridged connections running, one connection will have priority and provide internet access.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?