Using Microsoft Office 2013 OUtlook email

chub_tor 18:46 19 Sep 2016
Answered

For years I have used Microsoft Office but never used the Outlook part for emails. With Live Mail on its way out I thought that I would try it out. I have set up my accounts and can send and receive with no problems and it is slowly populating all the various Received/Sent/Deleted sections.

I have loads of contacts in the Contacts section but what I have yet to figure out is how to get the To: box to autocomplete the email address as I start to type in the recipients name. I am finding that I have to look up the email address and get that inserted. I am sure that there must be an auto complete but I have yet to find it.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Mr.MapleSyrup 18:53 19 Sep 2016

As far as I'm aware, there is no auto complete function on Outlook. Then again, I might be totally wrong. Terribly sorry that I can't be much more help.

BRYNIT 21:14 19 Sep 2016
Answer

In outlook 2007 I have to select or type in the email once, the next time I type in the first letter it will show a list of email addresses used.

chub_tor 22:11 19 Sep 2016

I think that you are correct. It seems that these versions of Outlook do not refer back to the Contacts list for email addresses but gradually build up a list of those previously used and work from that. Not a great system.

Newuser939 14:27 20 Sep 2016

Or you can go into Contacts, click on the email address and that will open a new message with the address already in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?