using a memory stick

pitcairn 14:36 13 Apr 2009

I have Roxio Creator on my pc. I wish to put it onto a laptop using a memory stick. How do I do THIS!

tullie 14:56 13 Apr 2009

Easy enough to copy over but you will need the entire program including the installation files to install it.

wee eddie 15:34 13 Apr 2009

Load it from the Net or a Disk.

If from the Net > Did you save it or choose Run? > If you saved it then you should be able to install from that Folder.

pitcairn 23:36 13 Apr 2009

I used a disk'

tullie 11:48 14 Apr 2009

Why cant you just install from the disk?

pitcairn 15:40 14 Apr 2009

Laptop is notebook. does not have disc drive.

tullie 15:44 14 Apr 2009

You mean a netbook?I suppose if you could transfer everything on the disc to the stick,it would work.

wee eddie 16:02 14 Apr 2009

Connect the Net-Book to your PC > It should appear as a Drive (I think) > Put the CD into the PC > When offered the choice of Drives to load it > Specify the Net-book.

tullie 17:21 14 Apr 2009

Good thinking,how would he do that,just curious.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:23 14 Apr 2009

Don't think that will work as any registry entries will be in the registry of the PC not the NET book.

Copy the contents of the CD to a folder on a pen drive and then run the setup file from the pen drive in the Netbook.

gazzaho 20:42 14 Apr 2009

Create a folder on the notebook/net-book with the same name and folder structure as the disk then just copy all the files off the disk onto USB memory stick preserving the folder structure and transfer them across. If the memory stick isn't big enough to do in one go copy them in increments, then run the installation EXE file to install the program. After the program installs delete the folder to free up disk space.

That's how I would do it anyway, I can't see any problems with that procedure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?