using kerio personal firewall software

JOMBA 13:47 27 Sep 2003

i get problem of keeping away an online request to either allow incoming alert or outgoing alert for programme: C: \windows\system32\winservn.exe with application details: 'sear I MFC Application' wanting to connect to 66.150.193.103 port 80 and i am always pressing deny and not permit but it keeps on coming everytime i am online can someone advise if its safe to do so? i am at a lose i dont know what to do.

Giant68 13:51 27 Sep 2003

What I do with KPF is to deny any program that I don't recognise as needing to use the internet. So IE & Outlook I permit and put a tick in the box to create a rule. Anything that I don't recognise I create a rule and deny. So far in the 18 months I have been using Kerio I haven't had a problem. Generally these warnings and requests will stop as the firewall learns what you let thru' and what you don't.

Giant68

MichelleC 13:54 27 Sep 2003

I think it's an windows application trying to access the web:

...The MFC Application Wizard generates an application having built-in functionality that, when compiled, implements the basic features of a Windows executable (.exe) application. The MFC starter application includes C++ source (.cpp) files, resource (.rc) files, header (.h) files, and a project (.vcproj) file. The code generated in these starter files is based on MFC.

Note Depending on the options you select, the wizard creates additional files in your project. For example, if you select Context-sensitive help in the Advanced Features page, the wizard creates the files necessary to compile the project's Help files. For more information on the files created by the wizard, see File Types Created for Visual C++ Projects, and see the Readme.txt file in the project...

I use Kerio and just click 'allow' and it sets it's own filters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone