Using FrontPage

Mike D 15:18 08 Aug 2006

This may be a daft question - are there any problems in getting a site built using FP2000 uploaded?

I know nothing about web design but I have been "tatting" about and produced what I thought was a reasonable first shot. Since then everyone I have spoken to has made muttered comments about ISPs not liking sites using FP.

Assuming that I can use FP, what's the next step please?

Mike

Ray5776 19:12 08 Aug 2006

Hi,
I have though about setting up my own website for some time but never got round to it.
The reason for this is that I don`t really need one but now I have a bit more time to spare I would like to try it in order to learn something new.

I have absolutely no idea where to start on this, I dont even know if I have webspace from my ISP.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction please.

Ray

Mike D 22:16 08 Aug 2006

fourm member

Thank you for a splendid answer. You've certainly given me much to chew on. I may well take you up on your kind offer re the domain name etc. I will try to keep you posted.

Ray 5776, sorry mate I have marked this as "resolved" because, for me at least, it is! You may do better if you repost your question as a new thread.

Mike

Mike D 08:01 20 Sep 2006

fourm member

Well, on Saturday we published the website, ISP was really good (Telewest) and now it's down to us to keep it updated, thanks again.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?