Using freemake video convertor to copy a DVD

laptopdunce 02:18 25 May 2015

I am trying to use freemake video convertor programme to make a copy of a copy DVD that I have, when i open the DVD box at the top and it shows my DVD as having 14 chapters, i tick them all in the box and have already ticked "join" at the top of freemake Video convertor page, then when I click on "start" it simply closeds the freemake video convertor page and I cant find it anywhere, i.e. it isnt downsized into the task bar, am I usig it correctly? I did open up the cyberlink DVD producer that is preloaded on my laptop but that thing is a bloody menace!! it wont shut down once opened, I am thinking of deleting that programme completely from the laptop, what should I do? or is there a different (free) DVD copying programme I can use? thanks Laptopdunce

northumbria61 05:43 25 May 2015

Try the popular IMGBURN

laptopdunce 11:14 25 May 2015

Thanks I have installed that IMG burn programme BUT there came with it a thing called PC mechanic which brings up a window that is IMPOSSIBLE to close, so I have uninstalled this PC mechanic totally from the programs list in control panel, the IMGburn programme has just made a great copy of my DVD!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

northumbria61 11:17 25 May 2015

Thanks for the feedback. For future reference, when installing programs, do a custom install. That way you don't get things on your PC that you don't want

laptopdunce 13:11 10 Aug 2015

Yes,Northumbris61, I have just added Freemake vid. Convertor to my reinstalled 8.1 windows laptop, and used the custom install as advised from one of my posts ages ago, and stopped the installation of all these crap programmes. Incidentally a friend of mine in Holland uses Linux OS and says there are no viruses, no b**lsh8t like with windows. Laptopdunce

bumpkin 13:57 10 Aug 2015

This is a handy little program to stop you inadvertently downloading crap with the one you want. click here

bumpkin 14:09 10 Aug 2015

Forgot to say, from my link you need to scroll down about a page to the link to unchecky.com from where it can be down loaded. This is computers, nothing is ever easy:-)

laptopdunce 16:48 10 Aug 2015

yes it sure is!! especially after my having to ditch windows 10 (which DID work!!!) but really f**ked my laptop up and seems to be a utterly INSOLUBLE problem!!!) so have gone back to windows 8.1 and I will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER have a windows computer again, next time it is a Mac or a Linux OS for me!!! I just KNEW it would a pain in the a88e this whole so called "upgrade" - its been a "Downgrade" to less than nothing!!! the worst is, NO-ONE knows why this happens!! It is affecting lots of people I see on these forums. Its UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE if you are a dimwit novice with computers, like me!! Laptopdunce

bumpkin 22:08 10 Aug 2015

Hardly my fault if Win10 does not work on your laptop. I just gave gave you a link to something that should prevent you from downloading unwanted crap.

laptopdunce 00:37 11 Aug 2015

Yes, of course! I didnt mean it that it was YOUR fault I am simply stating that I agreed with your last comment where you write "this is computers, nothing is ever easy....." if you took the time to read my reply PROPERLY!!! you would see that I say......"yes, it sure is...(meaning a reply to your comment re: computers never easy..... THEN I go on to say about my current problem with W10!! and go further to state that it seems to be an insoluble problem that NO-ONE has an answer to, given that there are LOADS of people with this VERY problem....., however you OBVIOUSLY have taken offence when none was PLAINLY and QUITE OBVIOUSLY intended, Laptopdunce

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?