Using Firefox!

TonyV 20:20 20 Mar 2007

I have been trying a few versions of Firefox and came up to the Version 2.0.0.2. This is installed as is IE7. I notice when I use IE7 and get the PCA Helproom, it comes up almost immediately and in the correct sequence. But, when lighting up Firefox and going to the PCS Helproom, the Heavy Blue screens stays for sometime then clears for the topic area and stays in the LHS and the Top. This then clears. Anybody any ideas as to why this should happen? It has happened on previous versions of Firefox as well. It seems a peculiarity to Firefox.

Thanks

TonyV

TonyV 20:23 20 Mar 2007

Even PCA Helproom....

Stuartli 21:10 20 Mar 2007

Firefox does take a couple of seconds or so to initialise but, after that, is very rapid.

Try Finetune Firefox to speed it up during use:

click here

Cymro. 11:33 21 Mar 2007

I have always had the same problem, but now at least I know it is probably

not something to do with my system. I will try Stuartlis link.

skidzy 11:38 21 Mar 2007

Try with Firefox Javascript disabled,though beaware some sites will need the Javascript to view the page.
This can be a bit tedious at times,but works for me.

Tools/Options/Content/Untick Javascript and ok.Now reboot into Firfox and PCA.

Stuartli 11:43 21 Mar 2007

Even better:

click here

TonyV 14:12 21 Mar 2007

Thanks for that. It is not a real problem, I just wondered why it takes two bites at loading a page. Now I know it is not at my end I do not need to get too "bovvered" about it.

Cymro
As you say, we are not alone!

skidzy
I will have a go at that and see what happens elsewhere.

Thanks fellas.

TonyV

TonyV 14:16 21 Mar 2007

I have tried your suggestion and all seemed to load fine and quick. Will now see what happens in other sites.

Thanks

TonyV

tenplus1 14:40 21 Mar 2007

Ever tried Opera ?

I've been using opera for quite some time now and it definately loads pages faster and in the right order since it's 100% css compliant...

Check out the latest version here:

click here

and Flash:

click here

TonyV 16:22 21 Mar 2007

Works with PCA site but would not open my home page with out bringing back in Java.

tenplus1
Put in Opera and the same thing happens. Took off the check mark from Java and it too works fine. But I suspect that when I go to my Home page it will throw up an error.

Thanks

TonyV

skidzy 18:58 21 Mar 2007

Tony,what is your homepage ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?