Using the 'Find' function in Word 2003

Whaty 15:12 16 Nov 2006

Has anyone had problems with the 'Find' function in Word 2003 (part of MS Office Pro 2003)?

Working through a document containing over 100 four digit numbers, the Find function was working for the 1st 20 odd but now it won't find anything?

Had a quick look on MS Knowledge Base but couldn't find any reference to this, any ideas?

Thanks,
Terry

Whaty 15:46 16 Nov 2006

Restarting the PC seems to have resolved the problem, why?

Whaty 12:22 19 Nov 2006

Hmmm, please don't tell me this has stumped the vast knowledge of the PC Advisor forum as well.... I don't believe it..!

This may be well off the mark but... is it possible that the find function is using up a memory cache of some sort? The reason I ask is that it works fine for say 25 consecutive requests and re-booting the PC seems to clear it? Simply closing and restarting Word doesn't.

That said, there is no memory error messages...

Regards,
Terry

seedie 13:59 19 Nov 2006

are all the four digit numbers the same?

Whaty 16:15 19 Nov 2006

Hi seedie, the answer to your question is No.

A bit of background. We are sent a word doc on a regular basis, the 4 digit numbers appear randomly in the document (4 or 5 page document) and are amongst text, we have to find these numbers and cross them off against a spreadsheet.

You can imagine, without the Find function this can be a real painstaking job for someone...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017