Using Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum for Tape to CD

Duncanf 22:56 26 Feb 2003

Can someone help please! I've got the above Easy CD Creator but can't find out how to transfer music from a tape to a CD. I think it's from the 'Soundstream' option but can't see how I can access the tape input.
Any simple help? Thanks!

Pier1 23:06 26 Feb 2003

Not sure about soundstream, but I do know that if you have a program that records to mp3 from the analog audio 'Line In' on the back of your PC (eg Musicmatch, and many others) you can then make a music CD from the mp3s using the Easy CD Creator. PS: it's a good idea to record the mp3s in the highest quality available (kbps).

Pauper 23:17 26 Feb 2003

I have not used this but, on the soundstream window there is a blue button in the middle at the bottom, this is for options, in the options there is 'spindoctor', from there you can select the soncard etc as the recording source.

Pauper 23:18 26 Feb 2003

that'll be 'soundcard' then.........

Garibaldi69 23:38 26 Feb 2003

To be honest, though you can use Soundstream to record from an analogue source like tape, I've had very poor results. Recording to MP3 format gave awful results (though Easy CD Creator has been updated recently so I don't know if it's any better now). WAV and WMA records OK, but the processing tools don't appear to work. My recommendation to you is to use MusicMatch; it's very flexible, though there are no tools to remove hiss, crackles etc. It does do some very useful tricks like converting WAV to MP3 etc.

If you would still like to try Soundstream or give MusicMatch a go, leave another posting, and I'll try to help.

desbest 23:41 26 Feb 2003

Try this link to find information on different software that can convert vinyl and cassette audio tapes onto CDs with CD quality with no rumbles, hisses,clicks and crackles. For more info try this link

click here={DA8920D6-F3C8-4AA2-8DCB-98B7CB81553E}&TRK=10&MC=

Garibaldi69 00:27 27 Feb 2003

The link Desbest gave takes you to a product called "Audio Cleaning Lab". I use this for cleaning up hiss, crackles, etc, and it works well. The interface is non standard though, and it takes a bit of getting used to. Bear in mind though that you either have to record in WAV (v.big files) in order to perform processing, or use MP3, but it will have to convert those into v.big WAV files. If you do a lot, you may need abigger hard disk! If your tapes are high quality, you may get away without using this package. In any case, I find MusicMatch the best when you finally convert the eventual MP3 or WAV files into CD. I've come to the conclusion there is no one package that easily converts noisy old tape to clear CD!

Ironman556 00:51 27 Feb 2003

I had a very good demo of Audio CLeaning Lab. It should do exactly what you want. You can then burn the .wav files to cd instead of losing quality compressing them. (Make sure you have enough hdd though)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?