Using DV in/out

  moose001 16:48 12 Aug 2003

I have a sony TRV250 Digital 8 Camcorder and I want to transfer data from the digital tape to my PC (Pentium 4 2.4 GHz). I have found that, using the USB streaming, it does not give me very good image quality and I wondered if I could improve on the quality by using the DV in/out firewire connection. Does anyone know anything about this? Do I need a dedicated graphics card or can I by a PCI firewire card?

  Patr100 18:05 12 Aug 2003

It will improve input/output. You don't need a new graphics card just a PCI firewire card and editing software which you may already have or it will come with many cards to get you started.

  Quiller. 18:28 12 Aug 2003

Yes a firewire card will do the job. If you are on X\P then it is a breeze to install.

You should be able to get a kit. PCI card, 6pin to 4pin lead and software for about £20 to £25.

This may help.

click here

  moose001 19:28 12 Aug 2003

many thanks for that - Video editing here I come!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?