Using download helper(youtube)

hiwatt 10:16 10 Mar 2009

Morning folks,
There are a few videos that I'd like to download from youtube and put on a dvd to watch on my dvd player.I'm using firefox with download helper to do this but the first one I've downloaded only has sound and no video.Do I need a particular codec?Also should I save as FLV or Mp4?Any help is much appreciated.P.s I've tried google.Thanks.

Stuartli 10:19 10 Mar 2009

You probably need to download and install the Standard or Full K-Lite Codecs Pack. See:

click here

hiwatt 10:35 10 Mar 2009

Thanks Stuartli.Do you know the best what the best way is to burn them to a dvd?If I used dvd flick would I still need to install the codecs?I've never done this before.Thanks.

Stuartli 10:58 10 Mar 2009

The K-Lite Pack is suggested because you state you have sound but no video on playback.

For guidance re DVDs, see:

click here

click here

Stuartli 11:00 10 Mar 2009

I use Save2PC (freeware) to download YouTube videos to a designated folder, but only play them back on my computer system. See:

click here

hiwatt 11:45 10 Mar 2009

Thanks Stuartli.I've downloaded them as FLV files using download helper and dvd flick can convert them and burn them to dvd.So I'll mark this as resolved bt any advice is appreciated.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?