Using Cleaners

blazingbadger 10:22 20 Jan 2009

We are currently having an argument in the pu over what happens when you run a cleaner ie CC Cleaner Wash an go etc some say the data is still there others say it has gone never to be recovered and also what happens when you empty the Recycle Bin. where does that go. Thanks guys

birdface 10:37 20 Jan 2009

You could use Winaso Optimizer [free] It does an automatic back up.And to me is the best freebie about.It will only repair 10 items at a time but you can run it as often as you like.If you are impressed with it you could buy the full Version as some on here have already done.It also does various other things and well worth having a look at.click here.

birdface 10:45 20 Jan 2009

There are programs that you can run that will find Photos etc of things that you have deleted.So although deleted they must be stored somewhere on your computer.And I am sure this is the same with the recycle bin.But I am just expressing about what I have read on different threads and have never tried to find a deleted program.If you have C Cleaner installed and go to their home page they do another free program called Recova or something like that.That will recover deleted programs for you.

birdface 10:47 20 Jan 2009

Here it is.There are other programs that do the same work but I have never used any of them.click here

Seth Haniel 11:05 20 Jan 2009

Secure Delete - programs such as CCLeaner just remove the 'location finder' from the file - that file stays on the hard disk till overwritten by new files -
programs like undelete can find these files and restore the 'location finder' and are recoverable unless overwritten.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?