users may find this microsoft utility very usefull

frankie 14:55 01 Dec 2005

i have put it on a xp machine no probs although it is a beta,you will need to set up a few things to allow access easy to do....microsoft Windows OneCare Live Beta....i got mine fro, click here which in itself is a good site,check it out

frankie 15:00 01 Dec 2005
  Skyver 15:02 01 Dec 2005

Thanks frankie, looks interesting.

GroupFC 15:11 01 Dec 2005

You must be one of the two downloads shown on the majorgeeks page!!

I think I'll leave it a while yet!

Skyver 15:14 01 Dec 2005

It's a whole new area they're opening up, I'm still not sure what to make of it - upgrades to hotmail, their own anti-spyware....it all sounds good, but looking at the headlines on the PCA homepage, people are still picking up critical flaws in IE6, which Microsoft have admitted cannot be removed from Windows XP, so it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other....

rawprawn 16:03 01 Dec 2005

It looks very interesting, but like GroupFC, I think I will leave it alone for a while.It would be nice to hear further comments after you have given it a fair trial.

frankie 16:17 01 Dec 2005

no probs,no slowdown all seems fine,you get all the pop ups asking to allow or block,done what i wanted so far,will post again after a few days,

rômanab 16:22 01 Dec 2005

Out of interest, did you remove your av before installing 'one care'?

sinbad1 18:20 01 Dec 2005

Not impressed tuneup consists of defragging,disc cleanup and backup the latter caused computer to crash with blue screen error.Its also a big file 40odd mb,have uninstalled it, cant see any advantage as most of the tuneup is basic housekeeping. If they eventually charge for this software, I for one would not purchase it, as for the antivirus protection and firewall i can't comment as i have not run this long enough.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:38 01 Dec 2005

I use AVG and Antispy which are more than enough.

G

frankie 19:38 01 Dec 2005

did not remove or stop my av which is avg i just went for it still all ok one xaupdate check which required a tick pc been off and on three times since my last post no probs,but as sinbad says i would not pay for it,as i have free avg,zone alarm,spybot,spyware blaster,so why pay?no way,they are all excellent never had a trojan,or virus,when there on..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?