Users of Eclipse Internet

cactusjack 22:48 08 May 2007

Hello all,

For approximately 1-2 months, my e-mail has been very slow to download or taken many attempts to establish a connection with the e-mail server. That problem is now gone :)

I thought my broadband problems were gone... However...

Since Bank Holiday Monday, my 8Mpb Broadband Internet speed has slowed to a crawl (download speeds of 2kpbs now - rather than the 100-200kpbs I usually have). Has only happened since Monday. Has anyone else experienced this with Eclipse Internet or with other broadband providers.

I have rebooted my router (which makes a temporary difference, before everything slows to a crawl again).

Internet Explorer 6 is also crashing a lot on me since Monday, with some error reports being generated - as indicated in this thread: click here
This never happened before Monday...

I am considering the potential of moving to another broadband provider given issues with Eclipse recently - not sure who to go to though...

This problem persists on 3 different machines - so I know it is not the settings on one machine that are causing the issue. It must therefore be an issue with the connection perhaps.

Any suggestions and advice is most appreciated.

Thanks.

smokingbeagle 23:10 08 May 2007

click here
and scroll down. They are slow at resolving issues.
I've been considering going with a different ISP - having been with Eclipse for 3 years+.
Zen seem to be the ISP with a consistently high performance rating and I'll migrate - soon.

scotty 21:10 09 May 2007

There are reports from numerous Eclipse customers experiencing the same problem. I am getting ridiculously low speeds reported (6kbps!)

The Status page on Eclipse's site claims all services are fine!

The only thing I can suggest is disconnecting/reconnecting repeatedly and checking your speeds. Some Gateway IP addresses are performing better (less worse) than others - you sometimes connect to a different Gateway when you reconnect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?