User settings XP Pro

GBL 14:31 25 Oct 2008

For some years now I have been using XP Pro, I am the only user set on the machine, and up until recently all I did was power up and leave it to boot up fully, but now for some reason I have to click on my user name for it to fully boot up. I have not altered anything so what could have happened.

Technotiger 14:36 25 Oct 2008

Try a System Restore back a day or so.

GBL 14:43 25 Oct 2008

Just had a look at Control Panel/users and there is me and Guest, which is switched off and also one called, ASP.NET. Who is that???? I have deleted it and rebooted and that seems to have cleared my problem, but who or what is ASP.NET and where did it come from.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:53 25 Oct 2008

Accounts options ---
To stop your system from displaying the Welcome Screen, go to "Start->Run" and type in "control userpasswords2" (but without the quatations). Untick the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" option and click OK

GBL 15:06 25 Oct 2008

Thanks have done that, I have Googled ASP.NET and see that it is an MS program so how it got to be a user I have no idea.

Barnacarry 15:15 25 Oct 2008

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\, I had the same problem as geoffy, which appeared after I had downloaded SP3, but thought it was a natural progression of SP3 programming.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?