User profile failed to load

Ikarus 09:09 09 Feb 2015

Used the computer and shut down normally. 48 hours later boot up PC and get message "user profile failed to load". Can start in Safe Mode with Networking. Using Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. How do I get back to my original profile? I have not installed any new programmes and restoring to the last known good configuration does not cure the problem. If I have to gradually add back in my programmes to the safe mode how do I do this?

Thanks in advance for any solutions.

onthelimit1 09:16 09 Feb 2015

There is a relatively complicated way which involves editing the registry, but a System Restore will sometimes do the trick, so suggest you try that first.

onthelimit1 09:17 09 Feb 2015

P.S. - System Restore is not the same as last know good configuration.

Daisy_Michael 08:35 10 Feb 2015

I recently faced a similar situation and the information listed at click here helped me a great deal.

Let me know if it works for you!

Ikarus 11:48 13 Feb 2015

I posted a reply to this topic but it is not showing up on my screen.

I used the M/soft solution going into the Registry (not without some trepidation and thought of messing everything up!) and it worked. The only subsequent problem was that some programmes had to be downloaded again as they had "disappeared". Fortunately I had a backup of most of my documents - used Easeus Todo Backup Workstation which restored My Documents without a problem. Thanks for all the replies. Problem now solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?