USER NAMES

xptosmtbd 18:28 25 May 2004

When using multiple user names or e-mail address on the internet, I know that all you have to do is double click the box where you are to type your user name/e-mail address and your list of the previous names/e-mail addresses come up. How do I get rid of these if I want to, so that they don't show.I am running xp home.....Thanks

VoG II 18:34 25 May 2004

In IE, Tools/Internet Options, Content tab, Autocomplete button, Clear forms button.

Charence 18:35 25 May 2004

If you go to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > DELETE COOKIES in Internet Explorer, you should be able to delete them.

If in future you don't want these to be remembered, you can select boxes which say "This is a public computer, don't remember my username and password."

Charence

xptosmtbd 18:42 25 May 2004

Hi, I have tried both these options and it doesn't work, I don't understand why, but the names/e-mail address are still there when I double click?? I have re-started after clearing the forms etc.....

Eric10 20:08 25 May 2004

This may be taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut but this little program click here clears your passwords, history, Internet cache, cookies, temporary files etc. etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017