user name and password when opening outlook

Daisy22 19:09 02 Mar 2006

Each time I open Outlook express 6 I am asked to enter my "user name and password for the following server". This is really annoying and my question is - can I turn this off so that I don't have to do this each time. There is a tick in the box "remember password".

Is this a problem to do with my server - if so, sorting this out would be difficult as it's in another language and I have tried to find a solution.

Should I change some sort of setting in Outlook Express 6 so that it remembers this?

VoG II 19:55 02 Mar 2006

If you mean that it isn't remembering your password click here

Daisy22 11:50 03 Mar 2006

I looked at the link, followed the process it mentions but, the list only showed my msn messenger contacts, not the file it said I should find?

terryf 06:15 04 Mar 2006

Outlook Express
On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
Click the Mail tab, and then click Properties.
On the Server tab, check the following:
Does the mail account details match the ones given to you by your ISP? Is the remeber password ticked?

Daisy22 09:50 04 Mar 2006

Terryf - yes I've done all that and it still doesn't make any difference. Each time I open outlook I still have to type in the password.

remind 10:06 04 Mar 2006

click here
When you find the registry key mentioned in the above article, right click and select Export before you change it - saves that part of the registry in case any mistakes are made editing it, just double click the .reg file you saved to merge it back in.

terryf 00:48 07 Mar 2006

Look at click here for a password viewer utility

terryf 01:11 07 Mar 2006

One way to overcome this might be to set up a new account and write down the new password, then send all your friends the new account email address and always use that. After a time when this is working OK, delete the account that you have problems with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?