User login and passwords

girlatwork 05:25 08 Jul 2008

im in the process of setting up a website for a family business, and im getting along quite nicely. my dad (also boss) asked me to set up user accounts so customers have the option of creating their own user login and password to access our products. unfortunately....i have absolutely noooo idea how to do this. im using html to build the site, which is turning out to be easier than expected, as anything i dont already know is easily found. except iv been unable to find a way to do this, can anyone help?

girlatwork 01:33 09 Jul 2008

create a username and login forthemselves is wat im looking for. we have an established clientele, and this is more for them to review wat theyve ordered and such than to advertise new products.

Kemistri 12:10 09 Jul 2008

If you want site visitors to review data, then that will of course have to be in a database. This will normally be in MySQL. Then you have to use PHP to query and display the results for each visitor. Either that or ASP.net if your host offers ASP instead. That's something that a professional developer could create quite easily, if you really want/need it, but it sounds like you are not anywhere near that level, if you don't mind me saying so. Might be too ambitious.

Taran 16:11 09 Jul 2008

use to track/fulfil client orders ?

I only ask because in most cases you will already be using a database of some sort to store and track orders/inventory, and it may be worth your while investigating the possibilities of opening that up to the web in one of several ways.

There are a few ways I can think of to reach your goal state, but much depends on the product(s) you are using now to manage your clients/orders, so are you able to offer any more detail ?

I dont know which one u have choosed .Asp.net, asp or php.
if u are using php mysql then which ide you are using??
Dreamveawer and install extension of it. U ll do easly it.
Second way install visual studio and sql server.You can use component.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le combat entre McGregor et Mayweather ?