User Defined Printer Paper sizes - location ?

RDG 20:13 13 Sep 2006

Can anyone tell me where Windows XP Pro stores the User Defined paper sizes as used by printers? I have changed over to a new computer and rather than reinvent the old would like to transfer the info from one to the other,

Where would they be located ?

Many Thanks if anyone can help

Jackcoms 20:23 13 Sep 2006
  Stuartli 21:12 13 Sep 2006

You should be able to find User Defined page sizes in your printer's Propeties/Printing Preferences.

If you take a note of the current configuration you should be able to copy it over.

My Epson R300, for instance, has the User Defined setting at the very end of the Paper Size menu - you have to scroll down to find it.

woodchip 21:18 13 Sep 2006

Go to start\settings\Printers Right click printer\Properties it there in the settings under one of the tabs for the default paper size. A4

RDG 21:28 13 Sep 2006

Hi Folks

Many thanks for your suggestions but I know how to make a new size. I was trying to make life easy by simply copying a "file" from one computer to the other.

I'm trying to locate where details of A4, A3 and User Defined are stored in a computer not how to setup a new size.

Thanks

Stuartli 21:34 13 Sep 2006

In XP, as I pointed out, they are found in the Printers and Faxes menu >Printing Preferences for your printer.

XP doesn't "store" printing sizes as such - it's a function of a printer's drivers.

woodchip 21:43 13 Sep 2006

Win.ini in 98se I think anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?