user accounts not working

hiwatt 18:58 16 Apr 2008

Hi folks,when I go into user accounts and go to manage another account nothing happens.It also wont let me turn UAC on/off,change my account type or change the name but it will let me change the picture.Any ideas what's causing this?Thanks.
(Ive also posted this in the vista forum but thought more people might see it here)

anskyber 19:03 16 Apr 2008

You can only control things, like turning UAC off from an Admin account. If the account you were using is not Admin then it will not respond.

wis 19:12 16 Apr 2008

anskyber is spot on
you must be an administrater are you the only user
go control panel user accounts, then you can set
up control any way you choose

hiwatt 19:41 16 Apr 2008

Yeah it's my girlfriends computer.There's one account,it's hers and it's an administrator account.Thanks.

anskyber 19:42 16 Apr 2008

Can you explain what you mean by "manage another account"?

hiwatt 19:45 16 Apr 2008

That's what it's called.I was trying to create another account.There's one account(administrator)and all I can do is change the picture.Nothing else works(ie,change account type create new account or turn UAC onn/off)Thanks.

anskyber 19:52 16 Apr 2008

There is the ultimate Admin accountin Vista which is hidden. It can be activated like this click here

anskyber 19:54 16 Apr 2008

This is easier to follow click here

wis 20:01 16 Apr 2008

boys all stop its not his computer he is trying to
change things ask your girl friend first dont
ask us to try to hack this pc

anskyber 20:03 16 Apr 2008

We know hiwatt, he's fine.

hiwatt 10:46 17 Apr 2008

It's actually both our computers.My girlfriend only uses it for surfing the net.I do all the virus/spyware checks etc.Infact it's more mine.I just mentioned this as most of my postings are about my own(xp)machine.I'm not hacking anyones computer I'm simply trying to create another account on our computer.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?