User account problem with Windows XP, home ed.

Shagclot 16:07 13 Oct 2003

When I have tried to access part of my computer, a window opens telling me I have not got the privalage level to accsess this part of the system, and I have to be a computer administrator.

I find this strage as I am the only and sole user of this machine!!

I have looked in user accounts in control panel, and it says I have only a limited account, and I can get to change it, 'cos, you guessed, I have to be the computer administrator!! I can't even open a new user account.

Hope someone can help...

Thx in advance,
Dave

Oncloud9 16:28 13 Oct 2003

I would suggest going to users in control panel and chaning the level of access however if you cannot gain access through that then perhaps as a last resort you could re-install xp, that way you can create new accounts from the beginning, but do back up files that you need.

zydec 16:32 13 Oct 2003

Hi,

I would suggest trying logging of then log on as Administrator with no password.

This should be a standard account set-up.

Failing that talk to who you bought the computer off as they should have the admin information

Djohn 16:33 13 Oct 2003

From user accounts, you should be able to log on as "Administrator" and make any changes you require. There will not be a password required, unless you have set one yourself. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone