User account corrupt? - bad display

ells42 11:28 11 Sep 2003

I have been having problems with the display when I connect to the internet, although only intermittently There are missing colours and the type is too large etc. It is a new computer (XP), so I thought it was the graphics card. However the customer service suggest my user acct is corrupted. I have created a new one and so far OK. So maybe this is the problem. Anyone agree? However my problem now is that I need to get everything over to this new account (eg emails, folders etc) and dont know how.
Any help please?

Taff36 11:39 11 Sep 2003

In Explorer go to c:\documents & Settings\(Your original Identity Folder)\ and there you will find MY DOCUMENTS - MY MUSIC etc. Simply copy them to your new identity folder. (I presume you have created another identity under a different name.)

To locate and move Your original address book and e-mail folders:

In explorer click once on your c drive to highlight it. Then CTRL + F Key. This will bring up a search box. Type in *.wab and search making a note of the full path to the correct Windows Address Book.
Repeat using *.dbx to locate your old message folders and make a note of the path again.

If they are there (?) you can import them into Outlook Express by going to the FILE > IMPORT menu and selecting them. If you get stuck at this stage look in the help files of OE for a step by step guide.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone