Useless software on a amsung N210

charles60 20:04 29 Mar 2011

Hi have just brought a Samsung N210 Plus 10.1 inch net book have been told its got a load of pre loaded software that makes the note book run slow have been told to delete it but i dont know which software to delete has anybody got the above notebook who has taken the useless software off.? I know this is a bit far fetched but I have tried googleing it but all brings up is that its got a load of pre software that's not good but does not say what it is and what to take off but once its off its a little dream to run Thanks Sorry can i have a quick response please as of to Malaysia next week

Terry Brown 20:26 29 Mar 2011

It seems you have 2 operating systems on there, Windows 7 and LINUX.

I would suggest you try the LINUX as it should run a lot faster.
Terry

Terry Brown 20:27 29 Mar 2011

click here

Sorry forgot to paste link

Terry

Nontek 20:28 29 Mar 2011

Microsoft Office Preloaded Includes a pre-loaded image of select Microsoft Office 2010 suites. Purchase an Office 2010 Product Key Card or disc to activate preloaded software on this PC.

If you do not intend to use/purchase the above, Delete it.

The same applies to - Software Microsoft Works , Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition (60 days trial).

You could keep these, though I do not know if they are essential. - Samsung Easy Network Manager , Samsung Easy Resolution Manager , Samsung Update Plus,

Delete McAfee Internet Security Suite (60 days trial).

You probably do not need these - Samsung Easy Display Manager , Samsung Easy Speed Up Manager.
SAMSUNG Support Center , Samsung Easy Battery Manager , Samsung Recovery Solution.

Keep Adobe Reader.

Delete any other Trial programs, unless you want to keep/purchase.

charles60 20:51 29 Mar 2011

Thanks guys :0)

robin_x 21:08 29 Mar 2011

Some of those look very important to me
eg Recovery Solution click here!-

Deletion is very harsh when you are on a new system.
They will only slow you down if they are running.

Click Start/Search msconfig and DISABLE things at Startup. They can always be re-enabled later.

WinPatrol (Startup Programs Tab) gives another way of doing it (more comprehensive).
click here;1

robin_x 21:11 29 Mar 2011

Sorry just re-read, I thought Recovery was recovery partition stuff. It's just a backup program.
Maybe alright though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?