Useful little address book converter utility

alternator 09:02 08 Dec 2007

I posted the other day click here about best way to keep address books synchronised. I found this little utility that will convert your address book from most email clients.It won't however actually synchronise the address books and it won't work on webmail address books.
Hope this is useful to all who use it
click here

alternator 09:47 08 Dec 2007

I converted an Outlook address book to a Thunderbird address book, it did a wonderful job. I haven't found any mistakes yet, and it did a much better job than the inbuilt export import, or even trying to go via the csv route, which still threw up a lot of spurious errors on import.

nkosi 11:43 08 Dec 2007

It is not shown as being compatible with Vista. Did you, by any chance, try it with Vista?

MAJ 12:11 08 Dec 2007

Glad you found one to suit, alternator. :)

What spurious errors (as a matter of interest) was the CSV throwing up?

alternator 19:19 08 Dec 2007

No I am afraid I am trying to avoid using vista but I think I will probably have to bite the bullet, sorry I can't be of more help.
Maj the errors I was getting, were unselected fields from the original Outlook address book appearing in fields that weren't selected, when I imported them to Thunderbird from the csv file. I am not sure where the error lies, I could look though the Excel spreadsheet, but it is difficult to read, all the fields need resizing, I know I could set it to autoadjust, but at the moment I am trying to get to grips making a live Cd for linux which is a little problematical. When I get a chance I will have a closer look, and let you know,if I can find where the prob. lies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?