use US and UK versions of Microsoft Money on same computer

robhawk 15:58 14 May 2012

Does anyone know please if I can install Microsoft Money 2007 (US) and Microsoft Money 2005 (UK) on the same laptop, a PC using Windows 7?

Normally my partner and I use these programs separately on our different computers so there is no danger of conflict. But if I put both programs on one computer for when we travel together, can we share that computer and use our own versions of Money without any problems?

Simsy 19:48 14 May 2012

I suspect you might be able to, so long as they are installed into different folders. However, I don't know for sure, and will interested to find out what actually happens!

Regards,

Simsy

Ian in Northampton 19:58 14 May 2012

I'm with Simsy. If you're careful about where you install them - i.e. don't accept the default folder for both of them - there's no reason why it wouldn't work. I don't think...

spuds 20:06 14 May 2012

I cannot really see a problem providing that you take note as to what as already been suggested. Give it a try and see what happens.

robhawk 10:12 16 May 2012

Thank you to all who replied. I shall take your advice and proceed cautiously!

Woolwell 10:42 16 May 2012

I think that there could be registry/dll snags. System restore point before install is essential.

Woolwell 10:43 16 May 2012

However if you use different accounts it may well work.

robhawk 11:56 22 May 2012

Thank you Woolwell. Do you mean different User Accounts on the computer please?

Woolwell 12:13 22 May 2012

Yes - but create a restore point before installing.

cilget 16:02 17 Aug 2012

This might work but you would need to watch the associations as I loaded Money Sunset and it changed all my files so that I had to remove Sunset and recover my files from backups.

robhawk 21:22 17 Aug 2012

thank you to everyone who contributed to this post. In the end I did not risk using both versions of Money on the same computer. Too much data to get muddled up! I wonder if anyone will ever come up with a replacement for Microsoft Money?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone