Use TV as a monitor same time as PC monitor ?

Trikie 23:55 08 Apr 2008

Our domestic TV has a PC connection socket. I would like to use it to show photos and have 2 questions.

1. The TV is in the next room to the PC. Is it possible to get a long (5+ metre) connecting cable?

2. Is there such a thing as a suitable cable splitter so that I can also see the pictures on the PC monitor?

Migwell 00:08 09 Apr 2008

You can get splitter boxes. Ask at your friendly computer store they will be using one to power all the display monitors you see for sale.

You can get extension cables for VGA, but you can introduce ghosts on the picture.

I use an old computer for displaying slides on TV

Or sandisk do a thing to connect your memory cards from your camera to the TV red, white & yellow sockets. It is Called Sandisk Photo Album, I bought mine for about £19.00

woodchip 00:11 09 Apr 2008

Probably find its easier to put the on CD and play in DVD player if it supports jpeg playing

Trikie 00:27 09 Apr 2008

Thanks both.

I'll give the splitter box/extension cable a try as the main reason for using the TV is to let my wife look at all her photos to decide which ones to delete and which to have printed. Poor eyesight makes the PC monitor unsuitable.

woodchip 09:43 09 Apr 2008

The Picture on the TV will not be as good as the Monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?