Use of MSDOS in Windows XP?

Nicksal 15:54 30 May 2007
Answered

I found your reply to a recent question in PC Advisor very useful: add /e, to the target of a Windows Explorer icon in order to open the target in a given folder, e.g. :\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e,C:\MyFolder. I presume that this is an MSDOS command. Is it? If so, I wonder how many of these commands are useful and where I can find them. Could you run an article on them in PC Advisor or could you recommend a book to read? An immediate thing I would like to do in WordPad, is on Open for the
Dialog Box to list All Documents(*.*) rather than Rich Text Format(*.rtf). I would also like to increase the number of previous documents opened (given under File) above four.

recap 15:55 30 May 2007
Answer

click here it may help?

scotty 17:13 30 May 2007

I use this feature to open shortcuts to Explorer in the directory of my choice. If you create a shortcut to Explorer on your Desktop, then right click on the shortcut and select Properties. Select the Shortcut tab and enter the string in the box labeled Target.

e.g. %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n,/e,"C:\Temp" will open a new Explorer window with the C:\Temp directory selected.

recap - Useful link!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?