usbstor.inf Drive NOT working.????

Uboat 13:16 07 Jan 2011

Ok im not good at scripting so maybe some one here would be so kind to help me please?

I am having a issue with a external HDD and W7, my pc isnt recognising it when i plug in the USB? ive just found out my windows 7 has a "usbstor.inf" missing.? ive been to look at d/l it but i get a page with millions of characters and no idea what to do.?

PLEASE help

Regards

UB

LOOK:

click here

click here

GaT7 13:23 07 Jan 2011

From the 2nd post in your 2nd link:

"Resolved

The resolution was to:

1. Plug in and turn on the external USB hard drive
2. Right mouse click on My Computer
3. Left click on Manage
4. Left click on Device Manager
5. Expand the USB list
6. Find the USB device for your USB Hard Drive (in my case it was the one that had no description)
7. Right mouse click - Uninstall
8. Turn off the external USB hard drive
9. Turn on the external USB hard drive and let it find and install the driver
10. It should work

If no joy with that, try 'Rob Rowald' solution a third down the page. Post here if you need help with it. G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:55 07 Jan 2011

click here to download file

May be not missing but disabled click here

Uboat 18:39 07 Jan 2011

Crossbow7/Fruit Bat Thank you guys!
I uninstalled the USB drivers then unplugged the device & naturally it reinstalled them! so it was ok from there! BUT it is still not inding my drive.?

Ok one thing ive missed which im not sure if its of any use.? the drive is a internal drive from another base unit im breaking, but ive bought one of these: click here
And connecting the HDD to the new base unit externally via a USB from the above link.
Thankx
UB

GaT7 19:08 07 Jan 2011

That could be the problem - no Win7 drivers for that particular device. If it has a brand name, try searching the manufacturer's website for Win7 drivers. G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:16 07 Jan 2011

1. when you plug in the usb cable does windows recognise that a USB device is connected?

2. Have you looked in Disk management to see if the drive appears there?

Uboat 20:30 07 Jan 2011

Hiya guys! thanks again..

When i first plugged the device in a balloon popped up installing the or a driver for it but when i went into my computer there was nothing showing???

Crossbow thanks il have a quick look!

Cheers again gents!

UB

Uboat 08:18 08 Jan 2011

ok ive been looking for the driver and i couldnt find it.? for the Hard drive.???
not sure what to do now tbh...
UB

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:45 08 Jan 2011

Type of drive in the box SATA or IDE?

You require a USB - IDE / SATA converter driver windows shuldn't have a problem with a driver for the IDE or SATA controller and therefore hard drive.

Uboat 13:53 08 Jan 2011

Fruit Bat hiya thanks for the reply!

The HDD is a IDE connection and the pc im using is a SATA...il look for it later today thanks again!

UB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?